Dr. Scott Shallow provides sports medicine services at Skyward.
His consultations and follow up appointments are covered by OHIP. Some of the treatments may require payment by the clients (i.e. injections).
Dr. Shallow diagnoses and manages all musculoskeletal injuries and illness for active clients of all ages.
Some of the services he provides includes:
- Joint and muscle injury assessment
- Concussion assessment and treatment (including return to play and return to learn)
- Cortisone injections
- Viscosupplementation injections (i.e Synvisc)
- Image guided injections and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) - would have to be done on KOPI in Kingston
- Ordering imaging (Xray, MRI, CT etc.) and prescribing medication
A referral from your family physician is highly recommended.